Fresh Lunch... mhhhh

Monday, March 2, 2009

Hi Peoples,

So I'm heading into my 3rd week here and still enjoying it!... didn't really doing anything to exciting this past weekend as the weather is still freezing cold and it's still raining. However, I'm feeling more hopeful for next weekend as it's meant to clear up!

Rather exciting! ... might head to Wushan Square or something.... so many exciting possibilities!

Nothing much to report, but I thought I'd let you know one interesting thing I happened to see. Having grown up on vegemite sangas from the freezer for most of my lunches I've never truely experienced the whole 'fresh' sandwhich thing. Well I truely understand it now... I was heading out one of the uni gates with my friend Kelsey when we saw one of the guards pulling something out of the moat ... yes peoples if you didn't already know my uni has a moat.. pretty sweet huh! So curiousity got the better of us and we waited to see what he was doing.

Well it happens that there must be something alive in our little moat because he pulled up a picnic basket at the end of the rope put it on the ground and progressed to kick something out of it... being slightly disturbed we moved on, but I thought that was a very interesting... ideas for anyone who works in the city and forgets their lunch (i.e. Marshal) just find yourself a rope and picnic basket swing it over the goodwill bridge and you'll be snacking away in no time!

Zai Jian!

Steph xx

0 comments: