Depressing News.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hi Everyone,

So I have some depressing news to share with you all. One of the main things I was looking forward to in China (apart from the shopping) was getting a traditional Chinese blind massage. This is a full body massage for 1 hour for approx AUS $10.

Today was the day! ... totally excited we headed down there, and suprisingly the people actually were blind! ... we were ushered into this small room with 6 bed/table looking things, Kelsey and Dalila didn't look to enthused with the look of the beds, but after fresh towls were laid down we hopped up and laid down for our soothing experience.

... Well... not quite soothing!

I have to say that was one of the most painful 1 hours ever! My massage hurt! even though I said tai zhang (which means too hard) he would lighten up a little bit, but as soon as he moved onto the next area he would start really hard again! OUCH! Also, I wasn't to impressed when he cracked my neck, fingers and knees. (sorry to those who are fond of chiropractors ... but I'm definitely NOT!)

But once again, it was all part of the China experience, I can cross that one off my list! *Phew*

Also, another suprising thing today was that I'm starting to see a lot more beggars outside the university, I don't know if it's because all of the students are back for the semester or not, but it's really difficult walking past all the time. We all feel so bad.

However, to end it off on a happy note, today has been my friend Megan's birthday (hence the reason why it was only us 3 girls at the massage place, Megan and Brett had gone off for a special afternoon of pampering at the Dragon something...) So in 10 minutes I'll be heading across town to enjoy a lovely Thai restaurant (yup good variety in my diet! ;) ... gotta love that rice!) and a big chocolate cake that Brett and Megan found at the local Taiwanese Bakery. We sound soooo multi-cultural!

So zai jian everyone!

Steph xx

0 comments: