Busy Friday!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hello wonderful family and friends!

IT'S FRIDAY! ... I'm very excited because for the rest of today I'm going to be extremely busy having lots of fun and doing no work! I hope you are all doing the same, but I doubt you are cause you're all such studious and hard working people :)

So since my last post I've been doing my usual study, eating and bike riding with a few extras in between... such as ST PATTY's! ... okay so we hit the winery first and enjoyed our free buffet and I had my glass of wine. (And yes I did try a guiness... and Yes I still stand by the fact that beer, not matter the brand tastes disgusting!)

From here we headed across to Shamrock's the Irish bar, it was alright, pretty crowded but nothing mega exciting except for this one crazy drunk Chinese guy who was cracking out some pretty interesting dance moves! (by interesting I mean just plain weird!) I've got it on video so I'll see if I can upload it onto youtube or something for you all to have a look at.
Another weird thing was that there was a little girl (about 3 yrs old) in the bar as well sitting with her parents enjoying the toxic smoke that engulfed the whole place! .... she was happily clapping along to the crazy Chinese guys dancing.

Afterwards, we headed back across town to the Maya bar, hung out there for a while and then went to Maccas for icecream (McDonalds - as my American friends had no idea what I was talking about when I said Maccas) and off to bed as we still had class the next day... which I happened to miss. Whoops. :0 (I spend the whole morning studying in my room instead and doing a load of washing)

On Wednesday we found a 'Wu Mart', which my American friends were overjoyed to see (American Wall Mart equivalent) while we were searching for our painting supplies for our elective. Justine you will be extremely envious to hear that I got a HUGE amount of paper, 6 quality brushes, paints, ink, a mat, and some really nice quality paper for 100 kuai (about 25 bucks) :) I'm going to be using all of these this afternoon in my elective from 1-2:30 I'm really hoping that it's good cause I've always wanted to try out a different medium! ... and this medium is VERY cheap over here!

Yesterday I had a lesson with my Chinese Tutor, Yeon Hong. (She teaches me Chinese for 1 hr I teach her English for 1 hour.) It was really good, I finally felt like I could string a few words together to make something sound some what coherent.

Finally that leads us to today! So here's what's going to be happening because yes I know you're all dying to find out! ;)

I'm heading out for a game of tennis with my friend Korean/American friend David, lunch at 12pm, painting elective from 1-2:30pm and then we have a class excursion to KTV (The ultimate Chinese experience... KARAOKE!) I'm slightly nervous about this, seeing as I'm not exactly the words best singer... but hey where can you sing if not in a foreign country where everyone is out of tune anyway. Oh except for this one guy who rode past me on his bike yesterday.... he was singing like Paverotti... CRAZY!
Anyway, then we're heading to another all you can eat and drink buffet at the winery then my new friend Ingrid's b-day party at the Mexican bar at 8pm. (The mexican bar is actually the Mexican students room which they have turned into a bar... I have no idea where they put the beds!) Followed by a night a Coco Bar which supposidly has some good music!

So a very long and exciting day... which hopefully I'll make it through with lots of photos to show you along the way! :)

Also, before I sign off, thanks for the lovely letters in the mail Untie Lynden, and Darren I didn't get any jet lag thanks for asking. Grandma, you'll be happy to know we have Tai Chi out the front of our international student dormitories every Thursday afternoon, however I chose to do the painting elective instead so I don't get to do it... but it looks very graceful!... but I'm sure you're way more advanced! And Poppa, I'm very impressed that you're making smoko now! I'm expecting an amazing cuppa next time I'm up! :) And Marshal, hopefully you got my text message, but if not Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Love you all heaps,

Steph xx

0 comments: