Another Great Weekend in Hangzhou

Monday, March 23, 2009

Hi Everyone,

So had another partying weekend in Hangzhou! :) ...Also, heads up (just incase there is confusion) this partying can be done without consuming copious amounts of alcohol... and yes it's still awesome fun!

My Friday, as previously described was just as much fun as predicted! ...I painted lots and lots of bamboo! (pictures of my wonderful bamboo have been uploaded!) it was very exciting, and I have to say for all of my arty friends who are reading this, it's quite an amazingly different technique that you use for the brush strokes! .... you have to hold the brush in a certain position to get a certain appearance! ... and of course being left handed it made everything extra hard to copy! ... my teacher made the most extraordinary face when he saw I was left handed... and exclaimed something in Chinese I couldn't understand, but for some reason don't think was 'Wow, that's great!'

KTV was AWESOME! ... I'm not really much of a singer personally, but Karaoke is great! we did everything from Beatles to Britney Spears and back again! We even found some Spanish songs for the Spanish girls in our class! ... We're going to be planning a second 'class excursion' again soon! ... I'm sorry to say I forgot my camera, but if you're on facebook my friend Megan did and promise to take some next time!

We headed out to Ingrid's B-day party as planned and yeah the 'Mexican Bar' / Bedroom of the Mexican students was great fun... you try cramming an entire party of about 50 people into a dorm room! My friend Kelsey and I hit the town afterwards, we went to some club to support a friend call Alex who DJs there. Personally I'm not a huge fan of techno music, but every performer has to have their posse, afterwards we headed across to another club called Coco and danced the night away... it was seriously like back to back aerobic classes! We were sweating! and I feel I worked off all my dinner! ... It was heaps of fun, (except for the continuous flow of boys asking to dance... you could think that it's flattering, but when you get interupted every 2 mintues (LITERALLY!) by about 20 different guys when you're trying to just have fun with your friends, you get sick of it. How do you get out of such a dilemma you might ask?? Well I was from Michigan, my name was Britney and I had a boyfriend called Justin! ... the boyfriend part works wonders!

The rest of my weekend was mostly lazing around, sleeping and studying... finally yesteday I found a little music store about 2 blocks away where I can play piano for an hour for 5 kuai! HAPPY STEPH!!

That's most of the updates of what's happening in Hangzhou, I've got 2 tests this week so will mostly be doing a lot of study so probably won't post again for a little bit. But I'll leave you with the hint to check out my photos to see the 'present' Mum and Dad sent to me to keep me company over here. I've been instructed to take 'it' out and show 'it' around Hangzhou, so will have to do that soon and will put the photos up to show you.

Hope you're all well and having fun!!

Zai Jian! xx

0 comments: