Baby Bum B-Day

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hi Everyone,

So following on from my previous blog, I told you how I was heading out with my US friends for Megan's B-day. Well we have a lovely dinner... had a REALLY good curry (for some reason Chinese do really good curries which are sweet and spicy but not too hot!) Then we proceded back to our shi tang (dining hall) to chaow on some b-day cake.

Well, we're still unsure to this day whether it was the cake or the table, but either or both smelt like a babies bum!

You may be thinking... ah yeah Steph is just exaggerating with one of our wildly entertaining stories... but all I can say is "if only I was!" For all those out there who have had children or have worked with children know that putrid dirty nappy smell/really old change table. Yup, that's what I'm talking about.

So being the mature responsible people we are, we sat there and endured it... while laughing hysterically between mouthfuls of what we thought was chocolate cake.

Oh yes, this is the next part of my highly entertaining story! ... So Brett and Megan ordered a chocolate cake, because China doesn't have much chocolate, so we thought we'd splurge!
... WELL! All I can say is that the outside looked extremely appetizing (chocolate curls etc.) However we were gravely mistaken to think this happy chocolatey feeling could last forever. Yes... you guessed it.. it was a sponge cake on the inside with fake cream filling and weird chunks of what looked like fruit salad mixed through it. All I can say is that it was another one of my many "China Experencies".

So as you could probably guess, we weren't overly enthused by this cake, so we sucked up to the kitchen staff (the ones who bring us our meals) and gave the rest of it to them. (hoping that we hadn't made them sick incase the baby bum small had come from the cake) ... fingers crossed!
And so far I think it has worked as I've had hot jiaozi for breakfast every morning since! WOOT!

Anyways, that's my exciting tale! ... THE END. Will be heading out tomorrow night for a free buffet (yes I said free) at a local winery.. (weird, yes I know!) and than to the grand opening of ... THE VAULT at club S.O.S. and hopefully checking out WuShan square on Saturday if the weather permits. sooooooo probably won't be back on for a little, but till then. Hope all is well, miss you all heaps and stay happy! (This especially to my uni friends who have just started back up again.)

Steph xx

0 comments: