Electronics and Weddings!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one to say hi :)
So yes I went to the electonics market yesterday.... rather exciting! ... though I do have to say, it's not so much a 'market' what us Aussie think of. It's actually an entire street, probably three times the size of the Queen Street Mall (literally an entire street, not joking on that part) full of different types of electronic stores. Everything from apple speciality stores to big department stores. However the 'building' they called the 'market' was 2 levels of non-stop little shops and stalls!

As you can tell... I was rather impressed. Though prices wise... it varied some were more expensive than australia... but there were definitely bargains to be found. Anyone want a new blackberry for $400?? or blueray dvds for about $2.50??

And Mum, I found your favourite TV shows mega cheap as well! Bones and NCIS ... seasons 1-3 and 1-5 are now sitting on my bookshelf!

So... you may be asking "What's on the agenda for today??" ... Well I'm glad you asked!
We're off to a wedding expo! ... yes you heard right. Don't be to freaked out thinking that I'm getting ahead of myself, Step 1: Get a Boyfriend!
We thought it would be a great way to make business contacts and what girl wouldn't want to walk through a huge exhibition of dresses, flowers and pretty girly things! :)

Oh also, found out yesterday that I'm in class 1.5 for Mandarin! (basically I'm at the bottom) which I'm totally cool with! So classes start tomorrow... should be fun.. expect for the 8am start part... still can't totally get over that one, but don't sweat it's only 2 floors above my room so I'm literally role out of bed, down to the elevator and role into the classroom!

Anyways, Love you all and must leave you all, I think we're going to attempt public transport today. Catching the bus for 1 kuai (about 25c) good times!

Steph xx

0 comments: